5-Ingredient Pot Roast
3 lb Beef chuck roast; boneless
1 Envelope Onion-mushroom soup
-mix Mixed with 1 1/2 cups
1 cn Whole tomato; Undrained
2 lg White turnips; peeled, Cut
-in 8 wedges
3 lg Parsnips; peeled, Cut in
1. Brown meat on all sides in a 4- to 5-qt nonstick Dutch oven.
2. Add soup-and-water mixture and tomatoes. Bring to a boil, reduce heat,
cover and simmer 1 1/2 hours, turning meat over once.
3. Add vegetables. Simmer 40 minutes or until meat and vegetables are
tender when pierced.
4. Lift meat to cutting board. Cover loosely with foil and let it stand for
10 to 15 minutes.
5. Slice meat across the grain. Serve with vegetables and gravy.
Recipe by: Woman's Day 3/10/98
Posted to recipelu-digest by Rodeo46898
on Mar 2, 1998