90-Minute Dinner Rolls
2 tb B sugar
1/2 ts Salt
1 Active dry yeast
1/2 c Milk
1/4 c Water
2 tb B margarine
ts o 2 1/2 cups unsifted flour
1. Mix 3/4 cup of the flour, sugar, salt, and undissolved yeast.
2. Heat milk, water and margarine to 120-130 F. (I use my temp. probe of my
microwave for this. It works great!)
3. Gradually add milk mixture to dry mixture and beat 2 min. at medium
speed of mixer. Add 1/4 cup flour. Beat at high speed 2 minutes. Stir in
enough additional flour to make soft dough.
4. On floured board knead 2 to 3 minutes. (I use dough hook on mixer. Works
5. Divide dough into 8-12 equal pieces. Shape into balls. Place in an
8-inch round pan.
6. Pour a 1-inch depth of boiling water into large pan on bottom rack of
cold oven. Set rolls on rack above water. Cover. Close oven door; let rise
30 minutes .
7. Remove the cover! Remove pan of water!
8. Turn oven on to 375 F. Bake 20-25 minutes or til rolls are light golden
in color. Remove from pan to cool. Serve Warm.
Recipe in Fleischmann's advertisement in about 1982-1983.
From Gemini's MASSIVE MealMaster collection at www.synapse.com/~gemini