A.c.'s Potato Rolls
1 pk Active dry yeast
1/2 c Water,warm(105-115'F.)
1 c Milk,scalded
1 c Potatoes,mashed
2/3 c Vegetable shortening
2 ts Salt
2 Eggs,well beaten
8 c Flour,all-purpose
1. Soften yeast in water.
2. Place potatoes, sugar, shortening and salt in large bowl; stir in
3. Let cool to lukewarm; add eggs and yeast; mixing well.
4. Sift about 6 cups flour into mixture; stir until dough is stiff enough
5. Turn out onto lightly floured surface; knead, gradually adding flour
until dough doesn't stick to hands and is smooth and elastic.
6. Shape dough into ball; place in greased bowl; turning dough to bring
greased surface to top.
7. Cover with towel; let stand in warm, draft-free place until doubled.
8. Shape dough into rolls; place in greased muffin cups and let rise until
9. Bake in preheated 400'F. oven 15 to 20 minutes; cool on racks.
10. Brush tops with melted butter.
NOTE: For interesting variations, use mashed sweet potatoes or squash
instead of regularpotatoes.
From Gemini's MASSIVE MealMaster collection at www.synapse.com/~gemini