Aloha Avocado Pie
1 cn (15 1/4 Oz) Pineapple
3 Whole Eggs; Separated
1/4 c Water
1 Whole Envelope Plain Gelatin
1/3 c Sugar
1/4 ts Salt
1 md Avocado
1 ts Lemon Juice
3/4 c Sour Cream
1 Whole 9" Crumb Pie Shell
1. Drain pineapple, saving syrup.
2. Beat together egg yolks, syrup, and water.
3. Mix gelatin, 2 teaspoons sugar, and salt.
4. Combine with egg yolks and cook over low heat, stirring until gelatin is
5. Sieve or mash avocado and mix with lemon juice and sour cream.
6. Add to gelatin mixture.
7. Chill, stirring once or twice, until mixture is partially set and
8. Beat egg whites; gradually add remaining sugar.
9. Fold gelatin mixture and pineapple into egg whites.
10. Turn into crumb crust and chill at least 4 hours.
Recipe by: DG
Posted to recipelu-digest Volume 01 Number 193 by "Diane Geary"
on Nov 3, 1997