2 ts Chicken bouillon granules
1 tb Chopped fresh parsley
3/4 ts Poultry seasoning
1/3 c Diced canadian bacon
2 Carrots; thinly sliced (up
1 Ribs celery; thinly sliced
-(up to 2)
1 sm Onion; thinly sliced
1/4 c Water
1 Broiler-fryer chicken (about
-3 lb.); cut up
1 cn (11 oz.) condensed cheddar
1 tb All purpose flour
1 pk (16 oz.) wide egg noodles;
2 tb Sliced pimento
2 tb Grated parmesan cheese
1. In a small bowl, mix bouillon granules, chopped parsley, and poultry
seasoning; set aside.
2. Layer in a slow cooker, in order. Canadian bacon, carrots, celery and
onion. Add water.
3. Remove skin, if desired, and excess fat from chicken; rinse and pat dry.
Place white meat in slow cooker. Sprinkle with half of the reserved
seasoning mixture. Top with remaining chicken and sprinkle with remaining
seasoning mixture. Stir soup and flour together; spoon over top. DO NOT
4. Cover and cook on high for 3 to 3 1/2 hours or on low for 6-8 hours or
until chicken is tender and juices from chicken run clean when cut along
the bone and vegetables are tender.
5. Spread cooked noodles in a shallow 2 or 2 1/2 quart broiler proof
serving dish. Arrange chicken on noodles. Stir soup mixture and vegetables
until combined. Spoon vegetables and some of the liquid over chicken.
Sprinkle with pimento and Parmesan cheese.
6. Broil 6 inches from heat source for 6-8 minutes or until lightly
browned. Garnish with parsley sprig if desired.
Posted to recipelu-digest Volume 01 Number 338 by James and Susan Kirkland
on Dec 03, 1997