Orchards Apple-Oatmeal Muffins|
Altamont Orchards Apple-Oatmeal Muffins
2 c Unbleached all-purpose flour
1 c Quick (not instant) oatmeal
2 ts Ground cinnamon
2 ts Baking powder
1/2 ts Baking soda; sieved
1/2 ts Salt
1 c Peeled; coredc, chopped
-apple (1 large apple)
1 c Buttermilk
1 c Vegetable oil
1/2 c Maple syrup
1/2 c Packed light brown sugar
1 lg Egg
How about another muffin recipe? Also from Muffins A to Z by Marie Simmons:
These light, tender muffins remind me of my childhood breakfast of oatmeal
sprkinled with cinnamon and sweetened with a stream of maple syrup. I added
chopped apple and named them for Altamont Orchards where evey October, I
conduct cooking demonstrations and cookbook signings at an apple festival
near Albany, New York. [author's note]
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Light butter 12 muffin cups or coat
with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Combine the flour, oatmeal, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and
salt in a large bowl; stir until well blended. Add the apple; toss to coat.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, oil, maple syrup,
brown sugar and egg. Add to the dry ingredients and fold just until evenly
moistened. Do not overmix.
4. Divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups. Bake until the tops are
golden and a toothpick inserted in the centers comes out clean, 20 to 22
5. Cool on a wire rack before removing from the pan.
Makes 12 large muffins Posted to Bakery-Shoppe Digest V1 #215 by Sandra
on Sep 3, 1997