and Chicken Jambalaya|
Andouille and Chicken Jambalaya
1/2 c Vegetable oil
3 c Chopped onions
1 c Chopped bell peppers
3 ts Salt
1 1/4 ts Cayenne
1 lb Andouille or chorizo; cut
-into 1/4" slice
1 1/2 lb Boneless white and dark
-chicken meat; cut into
3 Bay leaves
3 c Medium-grain white rice
6 c Water
1 c Green onions; chopped
1. Heat the oil in a large cast-iron Dutch oven over medium heat.
2. Add the onions, bell peppers, 2 teaspoons of the salt and 1 teaspoon of
3. Stirring often, brown the vegetables for about 20 minutes, or until they
are caramelized and dark brown in color.
4. Scrape the bottom and sides of the pot to loosen any browned particles.
5. Add the sausage and cook, stirring often for 10 to 15 minutes, scraping
the bottom and sides of the pot to loosen any browned particles. 6. Season
the chicken with the remaining 1 teaspoon salt and remaining 1/4 teaspoon
7. Add the chicken and the bay leaves to the pot. Brown the chicken for 8
to 10 minutes, scrapping the bottom of the pot to loosen any browned
8. Add the rice and stir for 2 to 3 minutes to coat it evenly. Add the
water, stir to combine, and cover.
9. Cook over medium heat for 30 to 35 minutes, without stirring, or until
the rice is tender and the liquid has been absorbed. Remove the pot from
the heat and let stand, covered for 2 to 3 minutes.
10. Remove the bay leaves. Stir in the green onions and serve.
Recipe by: Emeril Lagasse - TVFN
Posted to recipelu-digest Volume 01 Number 433 by RecipeLu
on Jan 02, 1998