Apple Snack Cake
1 1/4 c Boiling water
1 c Oatmeal (quick or old-
1 3/4 c All-purpose Flour
3/4 c Granulated SUgar
3/4 c Firmly packed Brown sugar
1/2 c Wheat Germ (any flavor)
2 ts Baking Soda
1 ts Ground Cinnamon
1/2 ts Nutmeg
1/2 ts Salt (optional)
2 c Apples, peeled & chopped
1/3 c Vegetable Oil
2 Egg Whites
1 ts Vanilla
* Wheat germ adds a nutty flavor to this moist and delicious snack
cake and oats add a special hearty texture.
1. Heat oven to 350?F. Spray 13 x 9-inch pan with no-stick cooking
spray or grease lightly.
2. In a large bowl, combine water and oats; set aside. In medium
bowl, combine flour, sugars, wheat germ, baking soda, cinnamon,
nutmeg, and salt; mix well.
3. Add apples, oil, egg, egg whites and vanilla to oat mixture, mix
4. Add dry ingredients, mixing just until moistened.
5. Pour into prepared pan. Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until wooden
pick inserted in center cp,es pit clean.
6. Cool completely on wire rack.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION: 1/20 of recipe
Calories 170 Calories From Fat 45 Protein 3g Total
Fat 5g Cholesterol 10mg Dietary FIber 1g Carbohydrates
30 g Sodium 140mg
Source: Foodshopper's Digest, Winter 1994
Typed for you by Lois Flack, CYBEREALM BBS, Watertown, NY.