Con Pollo (Chicken with Rice)|
Arroz Con Pollo (Chicken with Rice)
1 Broiler chicken; Cut up
1 1/2 c Chopped onion
1 pk (7 oz) Yellow rice mix with
1 c Frozen green peas
1 Jar (4 oz) Whole pimientos;
-drained, Cut in strips
1. Cook chicken in a large, deep nonstick skillet over medium heat about 5
minutes per side until browned. Remove chicken with a slotted spoon. Stir
onions into drippings in skillet and saute 4 to 5 minutes or until golden.
2. Stir in yellow rice mix, contents of seasoning packet and 2 cups water.
3. Place chicken pieces, skin side up, on rice. Bring liquid to a boil over
high heat, reduced heat, cover skillet and simmer 15 minutes.
4. Stir in peas, cover and simmer 3 to 5 minutes until liquid is absorbed,
rice is tender and peas are hot.
5. Remove skillet from heat, uncover and top with strips of pimiento.
Recipe by: Woman's Day 3/10/98
Posted to recipelu-digest by Rodeo46898
on Mar 2, 1998