Con Pollo (Rice-Chicken Skillet Dinner)|
Arroz Con Pollo (Rice-Chicken Skillet Dinner)
1 Broiler fryer 2-1/2-3-1/2
-lb.; cut up
1 tb Salt
2 c Uncooked rice
2 tb Cooking oil
1 cn (8 oz) tomato sauce
2 ts Mixed spices; (cumin and
2 Cloves garlic
1. In a 41/2 quart Dutch oven, brown chicken in 1 tablespoon oil. Add salt,
cover and simmer 15-20 minutes.
2. Grind mixed spices and garlic. Add a little water and set aside.
3. In a skillet brown rice in 1 tablespoon oil.
4. Add browned rice to chicken. Cover and simmer 5 minutes.
5. Add spices, tomato sauce, and enough boiling water to cover. Simmer for
6. Stir only once during the simmering process.
7. Serves 8-10. (Try the hot chili sauce with this dish.)
8. (Vermicelli could be substituted for rice.)
Recipe by: From South Texas Mexican Cook Book by Lucy Garza
Posted to MC-Recipe Digest by firstname.lastname@example.org on Feb 12, 1998