Arroz Verde #1
1/2 Medium-size onion
2 Stalks celery
1/2 lg Poblano chile
1 Clove (large) garlic
2 tb Oil
1 c Long-grain rice
2/3 c Chicken stock (see index)
1 ts Salt
5 oz Frozen peas; defrosted
2 Carrots; peeled & cut in 1/8
1. Place the onion, celery, chile and garlic in a small saucepan with 1 cup
water. Bring to a simmer over medium heat and cook until the vegetables are
tender, 10 to 15 minutes.
2. Let the mixture cool until lukewarm, then puree in a blender or food
processor. Set aside.
3. Heat the oil in a small saucepan and fry the raw rice gently over in
order to cook evenly without burning.
4. Stir in the pureed vegetables and the liquid. Add the chicken stock and
salt. Bring to a boil, stir once, and reduce heat to low. Cover and cook,
undisturbed, for 10 to 12 minutes.
5. Add the peas and carrots without stirring. Replace the cover and
continue cooking for 10 to 15 minutes or until the rice is tender and the
liquid is absorbed.
6. Stir with a fork before serving to fluff the rice and mix the vegetables
LOPEZ Y GONZALEZ
LEE ROAD, CLEVELAND HEIGHTS.
WINE: RED RIOJA
From the .
Glen's MM Recipe Archive, http://www.erols.com/hosey.