and Onion Muffins|
Bacon and Onion Muffins
1/2 lb Bacon; diced
1/4 c Chopped onion
2 1/4 c Unbleached flour; sifted
3 ts Baking powder
1/2 ts Baking soda
1/2 ts Salt
2 lg Eggs; slightly beaten
1/3 c Milk
1 c Dairy sour cream
1. Fry bacon until crisp in skillet. Remove with slotted spoon and drain on
2. Saute onion in 1 tbsp. bacon drippings until tender (do not brown). Set
aside to cool.
3. Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large mixing
4. Combine eggs, milk and sour cream in small bowl; blend well. Add all at
once to dry ingredients, stirring just enough to moisten. Stir in bacon and
5. Spoon batter into greased 2 1/2-inch muffin-pan cups, fill 2/3rds full.
Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
6. Bake in 375 degree F. Oven 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Posted to recipelu-digest Volume 01 Number 674 by RecipeLu
on Feb 01, 1998