Cheddar and Chive Muffins|
Bacon, Cheddar and Chive Muffins
2 c Flour
3 ts Baking powder
1/2 ts Salt
1 Egg; lightly beaten
1 c Milk
1/4 c Oil
2 tb Fresh chives; minced
3/4 c Cheese; grated
6 sl Bacon; cooked and crumbled
1. Place all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
2. Add egg. milk, oil and mix until almost combined.
3. Stir in bacon, cheese and chives until all ingredients are just wet.
(Batter will be thick)
4. Spray muffin tins with cooking spray and fill 3/4 full.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
NOTES : These are more like biscuits than muffins in texture. Good with
scrambled eggs for breakfast or with soup for a heartly lunch. You could
also use them at supper next to grilled meats, with chili or stew instead
Recipe by: RecipeLu
Posted to TNT - Prodigy's Recipe Exchange Newsletter by RecipeLu
on Oct 17, 1997