Beans with Ground Beef Topping|
Baked Beans with Ground Beef Topping
1 lb Ground Beef
3/4 c Green Pepper; chopped
8 oz Tomato Sauce
4 tb Liquid Barbecue Smoke?
4 tb Vinegar
1 ts Thyme
96 oz Pork and beans
Pepper to Taste
1/3 lb Bacon; smoked
1 c Onions; chopped
1/8 c Mustard
1 c Water
2 ts Garlic; minced
3/4 c Brown Sugar
Salt to Taste
1. In a large frying pan, cook ground beef in its' own fat.
2. Add green pepper and onion.
3. Saute until beef is brown and vegetables are limp.
4. With the exception of 4 strips of bacon, cut bacon into 2-inch strips
and add to ground beef mixture.
5. Stir in the tomato sauce, water, vinegar, garlic, mustard, thyme, brown
sugar, liquid hickory smoke, and salt and pepper to taste.
6. Simmer together 5 minutes.
7. Turn pork 'n beans into a greased 1 1/2 quart baking dish.
8. Spoon meat mixture over top.
9. Place long strips of bacon over top of ground beef.
10. Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes.
Posted to recipelu-digest by RecipeLu
on Feb 03,