Celery and Onions with Herbs|
Baked Celery and Onions with Herbs
4 tb Unsalted butter
1 bn Celery; cut 1inch pieces
1 1/2 tb Cornstarch
2 c Chicken broth
1/2 ts Dried marjoram
1/4 ts Dried thyme
1/4 ts Salt
1/4 ts Black pepper
2 tb Fresh parsley; minced
2 md Onions; thinly sliced
1. Melt the butter in a heavy 12 inch skillet over moderate heat.
2. Add the celery and saute, stirring occasionally for 3 minutes or until
3. In a small bowl, whisk together the cornstarch and chicken broth until
smooth and add to the skillet.
4. Bring to a boil, stirring. Reduce the heat to moderately low.. Simmer,
stirring occasionally for 5 minutes.
5. Add marjoram, thyme, salt, pepper and parsley.
6. Preheat the oven to 350.
7. Scatter the onion rings over the bottom of a buttered 12 by 8 by 2
8. Spoon the celery mixture over them and cover tightly with aluminum foil.
AT this point the casserole can be cooled to room temperature and kept in
the refrigerator for up to 24 hours.
9. Bake , covered for 50 to 55 minutes.
Recipe by: Readers Digest Cook Now, Serve Later, 1989
Posted to MC-Recipe Digest V1 #1025 by njwwb
on Jan 20,