Baked Chilies Rellenos
-JUDITH LAUSCH (DGSV43A)
4 Anaheim chiles; (6 in)
2/3 c Ricotta cheese; (part skim)
2/3 c Corn; whole kernel
3 tb Green onion; chopped
1/4 ts Pepper; fresh ground
1 cl Garlic, minced & divided
1/2 c Onion; finely chopped
1/2 ts Cumin; ground
1/4 ts Mexican oregano
1/8 ts Salt
1 cn Tomatoes; chopped; (14 oz)
1. Place chiles on a baking sheet. Broil 3 in. from heat 15 min. or until
blackened and charred, turning once.
2. Place chiles in ice water, and chill 5 minutes.
Drain well; peel and discard skins. Cut a 4 in slit in the side of each
chile; discard seeds, and set aside.
3. Combine ricotta cheese, corn, green onions, pepper, and half of garlic;
stir well. Put 1/3 c of mixture into each chile. Arrange chiles in a small
baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 min. or until thoroughly heated.
4. Coat a small saucepan with cooking spray; place over med. heat until
hot. Add remaining garlic and
chopped onion; saute 3 min. Add cumin and oregano; saute 1 minute. Stir
in salt and tomatoes.
5. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes more, stirring
frequently. Pour sauce over chiles and serve.
(About 262 calories per 2 filled chilies and 1/2 c sauce. Chol: 26 mg).
From Healthy Cooking, adapted and formated for you by Judy Lausch, DGSV43A.