Cod Greek Style|
Baked Cod Greek Style
1 lb Cod fillets
3 tb All purpose flour
2 tb Olive oil
1 c Feta cheese crumbled
1 Onion chopped
3 Cloves garlic minced
1 lg Sweet green pepper chopped
1 cn (19 oz) tomatoes undrained
1/2 c Pitted black olives
1/2 ts Dried oregano
1 pn Hot pepper flakes
1 pn Sugar
2 tb Parsley minced
Salt pepper to taste
1. Cut cod into serving size portions. Pat dry.dredge lightly in flour.
2. In non-stick skillet, heat half of the oil over medium-high heat.
3. Brown cod lightly on both sides and arrange in a 8" square baking
dish,Sprinkle with Feta.
4. Pour remaining oil into skillet and saute onion,garlic and green pepper
5. Add tomatoes, crush with fork,add olives,oregano,pepper flakes, and
6. Bring to boil,reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring often until
7. Add parsley,season with salt and pepper to taste,and spoon over fish.
8. Bake for 15 minutes at 375 F.
Dish can be made ahead, cooled,covered and refrigerated for up to 8 hours.
Add 5 minutes to baking time.
Recipe by: Rose Murray's Secrets of the Sea (Grosvenor House,1989)
Posted to MC-Recipe Digest by "email@example.com"
Feb 23, 1998