Fish with Rhubarb Sauce|
Baked Fish with Rhubarb Sauce
2 tb Extra virgin olive oil
2 lg Onions; peeled and
2 Celery stalks; washed and
-cut in 1 inch pieces
3 Carrots; peeled and shredded
1 lg Firm fish; about 5
-pounds (striped bass; blue
1 tb Dark soy sauce
Salt and pepper to taste
1 c Chopped parsley; sage and
-oregano; in equal
2 Cloves garlic; minced
4 sm Israeli tomatoes; sliced
2 c Rhubarb sauce (see below)
1 lb Rhubarb; washed and cut in 1
2 c Water
1/2 c Sugar
1 pn Salt
1/4 c Orange rind; thinly sliced
From: Pat Gold
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 1996 18:11:53 -0700
I came across a magazine called "La Cocina Italiana" today ... I think this
is issue # 2. At any rate there were 3 recipes in an article called Kosher
(In Accordance with the Jewish Dietary Laws) and although I haven't tried
them they sounded interesting enough to post to the list. "Cooking Kosher
with Colette Rossant".
1. Preheat the oven to 375-degrees F.
2. Brush a baking pan with olive oil. Line the pan with the sliced onions,
celery and carrots.
3. Rub the fish with the remaining olive oil mixed with the soy sauce.
Sprinkle the fish with salt and pepper. Fill the cavity with the herbs and
4. Place the fish on the onions, and top the fish with sliced tomatoes.
5. Bake the fish for 25 minutes or until it flakes easily with a fork.
Serve with the rhubarb sauce.
Rhubarb Sauce (Serves 4)
1. Place all the ingredients in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, lower the
heat and simmer until the rhubarb is cooked.
2. Pour the sauce in a sauceboat and serve with the fish at room
JEWISH-FOOD digest 254
From the Jewish Food recipe list. Downloaded from Glen's MM Recipe