Peaches in Wine|
Baked Peaches in Wine
2 tb Butter or margarine
1 c Cookie crumbs
1/4 c Butter or margarine
2 tb Brown sugar
1 Egg yolk
2 tb Rum
1/4 c Madeira
1. Prepare peaches by peeling, cutting in half and removing pits. Scoop
out the center of peaches with melon baller to enlarge the area where you
removed the pits.
2. Grease a baking dish generously with 2 tablespoons butter or solid
margarine. Use a dish that can also be taken to the table for serving the
peaches when cooked.
3. Lay peaches, cut side up, in baking dish.
4. In a mixing bowl, mix the cake or cookie crumbs, scooped out centers
of peaches, 1/4 cup melted margarine or butter, brown sugar, egg yolk and
rum. Blend well. Mixture will be very grainy and damp. Add more rum and
butter to reach correct consistency.
5. Fill cavity of each peach half with crumb mixture and sprinkle the
wine on top.
6. Bake in preheated 350-degree oven for 30 minutes, basting frequently
with juices in pan. Let set 5 minutes and serve.
Serving Ideas : Serve as a very special dessert.