Baked Potato Salad
1 1/3 ts Salt
2 tb Salad oil
1/2 c Onion,chopped
1 ts Mustard,prepard
1/4 ts Celery seed
2 tb Cider vinegar
1/2 c Green pepper,diced
1/4 c Carrot,shredded
1. Put potatoes in a large saucepan with 1 inch cold water and 1 teaspoon
salt; bring to a boil.
2. Cover, reduce heat and simmer 25 minutes, until potatoes are tender;
drain and cool.
3. Peel potatoes and slice 1/4-inch thick; set aside.
4. Heat oil in a medium-size skillet; saute onion until soft.
5. Stir in flour, mustard, celery seed and remaining 1/3 teaspoon salt.
6. Gradually add 1/2 cup water and vinegar; cook over low heat, stirring
constantly, until mixture boils and thickens.
7. Combine potatoes, green pepper and carrots in a bowl; add sauce, mixing
8. Spoon half the mixture into a shallow 8x8-inch baking dish; sprinkle
with 1/2 cup cheese.
9. Cover with remaining potato mixture and cheese.
10. Bake, uncovered, in preheated 350'F. oven 15 to 20 minutes, or until
cheese is melted and vegetables are hot.