Chicken Fajita Enchiladas|
Barbecued Chicken Fajita Enchiladas
1 lb Skinned and boned chicken
-thigh meat, cut into 1/2 x
1/2 c Dry sherry
1/4 c Chopped red onion
2 1/2 tb Tomato paste
1 ts Each chili powder and ground
1 Clove garlic, crushed
1 tb Vegetable oil
12 Flour (6-inch) tortillas
2 cn (10 oz. each) green
3 c Shredded Co-Jack cheese
Dairy sour cream
Stewed or refried beans
from Sizzling Southwestern Cookery by Lisa Golden Schroeder
These enchiladas ave very different from most classic renditions - and I
think they're even better!
1. In small shallow baking dish, mix first seven ingredients. Cover and
refrigerate at least 4 hours, stirring occasionally.
2. Heat oven to 350 degrees. In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high
heat. Saute chicken-marinade mixture until chicken is no longer pink, about
3. Wrap tortillas in damp dish towel. In bottom of 13x9x2-inch baking dish,
spread 3/4 cup of enchilada sauce.
4. Working with one trotilla at a time (keep others covered), spoon about
tablespoons chicken mixture down center or each tortilla and sprinkle with
1 1/2 tablespoons cheese. Roll tortillas up tightly and place seam-side
down in baking dish.
5. Pour remaining sauce over rolled tortillas. Sprinkle with remaining
cheese. Gake uncovered until heated through and bubbly, about 30 minutes.
6. Serve with sour cream, salsa, and beans.
Makes 6 servings. Posted to Bakery Shoppe Digest149 by Sandra Swinford
on Jul 7, 1997