Basic Mexican Rice
2 tb Cooking oil
1 c Long grain rice; not instant
2 Cloves garlic; pressed
1 md White onion; finely chopped
3 md Tomatoes; finely chopped
1 Green chile; seeded and
2 c Chicken broth
1 ts Salt
1. In a large skillet, heat the oil and saute the rice over medium high
heat until golden brown.
2. Stir in the garlic and the onions and saute unitl onion is golden
3. Stir in the tomatoes, broth and season with salt.
4. Bring to a boil uncovered, reduce heat to low, cover ans simmer for
15-20 minutes (Don't peek!)
5. Remove lid, toss with a fork to fluff and allow to sit for 5 minutes
uncovered before serving.
Recipe by: RecipeLu
Posted to recipelu-digest Volume 01 Number 549 by RecipeLu
on Jan 18, 1998