Bbq Chicken Pizza
1/2 c Warm water; plus 1
1 1/2 c Bread flour
2 ts Sugar
1 ts Salt
1 ts Yeast
1 tb Extra virgin olive oil
1 ts Extra virgin olive oil
10 oz Chicken; skinless light meat
1 ts Olive oil
2 tb Barbecue sauce
1/2 c Barbecue sauce
2 tb Gouda cheese; smoked,
8 oz Mozzarella cheese; shredded
1/4 sm Red onion; sliced
2 tb Parsley; chopped
To make the crust:
1. Put water, flour, sugar, salt, yeast, and 1 tablespoon olive oil in
bread machine on dough cycle; allow to rise until doubled in bulk. This can
also be made without a bread machine: Mix crust ingredients and knead for
about five minutes. Let rise in warm place with no drafts.
2. Punch down dough and place in glass bowl with 1 teaspoon olive oil to
coat. Cover with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator overnight.
3. Punch down, separate into two balls, place in glass casserole dish,
cover with plastic wrap, and allow to rise until double in bulk.
4. Shape each piece into a 9-inch pizza.
To make BBQ chicken:
1. Cut the chicken breast into 3/4-inch cubes. In a large frying pan, cook
the chicken in olive oil over medium-high heat until just cooked, 5 to 6
minutes. Do not overcook. Set aside in the refrigerator until chilled
through. Once chilled, coat the chicken with 2 tablespoons of the barbecue
sauce; set aside in the refrigerator.
To make the pizza:
1. Place the pizza stone in the center of the oven and preheat to 500
degrees F for one hour before cooking pizzas.
2. Use a large spoon to spread 1/4 cup barbecue sauce evenly over the
surface of the prepared dough within the rim. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon smoked
Gouda cheese over the sauce. Cover with 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella.
3. Distribute half the chicken pieces evenly over the cheese (approximately
18 pieces). Place approximately 18 to 20 pieces of red onion over the
surface. Sprinkle an additional 1/4 cup mozzarella over the top of the
4. Transfer the pizza to the pizza stone in the oven; bake until the crust
is crisp and golden and the cheese at the center is bubbly, 8 to 10
minutes. When the pizza is cooked, carefully remove from the oven; sprinkle
1 tablespoon parsley over the hot surface. Slice and serve.
5. Repeat with remaining ingredients for a second pizza. (The 2 pizzas may
be prepared simultaneously if you are careful in placing the pizzas at
opposite corners of your pizza stone.
Recipe by: California Pizza Kitchen Cookbook
Posted to EAT-L Digest by Deborah Kirwan