Best Blueberry Muffins
1/2 c Butter (1 stick) -- room
1 c Granulated sugar, or
Slightly less depending on
Tartness of blueberries)
2 lg Eggs
1 ts Vanilla extract
2 ts Baking powder
1/4 ts Salt
2 1/2 c Blueberries -- mash 1/2 cup
2 c All-purpose flour
1/2 c Milk
1 tb Sugar
1/4 ts Ground nutmeg
Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease 12 regular muffin cups, including the
area between each cup, or use foil baking cups.
1. In a medium-sized bowl, beat butter until creamy. Beat in the sugar
until pale and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Beat in vanilla, baking
powder and salt.
2. Mix mashed berries into batter.
3. Fold in half the flour with a spatula, then half the milk. Add remaining
flour and milk. Fold in remaining blueberries.
4. Scoop batter into muffin cups.
5. Mix 1 tablespoon sugar with 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg and sprinkle on top of
6. Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden brown. Let muffins cool at least
30 minutes in the pan before removing.
Posted to MC-Recipe Digest V1 #147
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 1996 11:36:56 -0600
From: Shirley Jordan
Recipe By : Muffins by Elizabeth Alston