Crocker Herbed Pizza Crust (Low-Fat)|
Betty Crocker Herbed Pizza Crust (Low-Fat)
1 pk Regular active dry yeast
1/2 c Warm water, (105 to 115
1/2 c Whole wheat flour
1/2 c Tomato juice
2 tb Chives, chopped fresh or 1
1 tb Rosemary, chopped fresh or 1
-teaspoon dried rosemary
1 ts Olive oil, or vegetable oil
1/4 ts White pepper
1 1/2 c All-purpose flour, up 1 3/4
* Dissolve yeast in warm water in medium bowl. Stir in remaining
ingredients except all-purpose flour. Stir in enough all-purpose flour, 1/2
cup at a time, to make dough easy to handle.
* Turn dough onto lightly floured surface; gently roll in flour to coat.
Knead about 5 minutes or until smooth and elastic. Spray medium bowl with
nonstick cooking spray. Place dough in bowl, and turn greased side up.
Cover and let rise in warm place 45 to 60 minutes or until double. (Dough
is ready if indentation remains when touched.)
* Punch down dough. Roll into 10- to 12-inch circle on lightly floured
surface. Top and bake as directed in your favorite pizza recipe. Makes 10
to 12-inch pizza crust (6 slices).
* Cracked Pepper Pizza crust: Substitute 2 tablespoons chopped fresh
parsley for the chives and 1 teaspoon coarsely-ground black pepper for the
* Southwestern pizza crust: Omit rosemary. Stir in 1/4 teaspoon ground
cumin and 1/2 teaspoon chile powder with the remaining ingredients.
Typos by Brenda Adams ;
mc post 5/31/97
Recipe by: Betty Crocker, New Choices Cookbook Posted to MC-Recipe Digest
V1 #630 by Badams
on May 31, 1997