Black Bean Lasagna
1 cn Black Beans; Drained And
1 cn Crushed Tomatoes; 28Oz
3/4 c Chopped Onion
1/2 c Chopped Green Bell Pepper
1/2 c Thick-N-Chunky Salsa
1 ts Chili Powder
1/2 ts Cumin
1 c Ricotta Cheese (I Use
1 Clove Garlic; Minced
10 Lasagna Noodles
1 1/2 c Shredded Cheddar Or
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray 13x9-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
3. In a large bowl, mash slightly rinsed and drained black beans.
4. Stir into beans, crushed tomatoes, chopped onions, chopped green pepper,
salsa, chili powder and cumin.
5. In another bowl, combine ricotta cheese, garlic, and egg.
6. Spread 1 cup of tomato mixture over bottom of baking dish.
7. Create two layers each out of remaining tomato mixture, lasagna noodles
8. End with cheese.
9. Cover tightly with spray-coated foil and bake 40-50 minutes.
10. Uncover and let stand 15 minutes before serving.
NOTES : I cook the lasagna noodles.
Recipe by: A friend
Posted to TNT - Prodigy's Recipe Exchange Newsletter by Aquasea221@aol.com
on Nov 21, 1997