Black Pepper Cake
2 Sticks softened margarine
1 c Sugar
1 1/2 c Flour
1/2 ts Cream of tartar
1/2 ts Salt
1/2 ts Black pepper
1/2 ts Ground nutmeg
1 tb Lemon juice
1 ts Vanilla extract
Source : "Cooking America" by Arnold Sable
1. Heat oven to medium (170 C). Grease and flour tube pan, or 22 pan.
2. Beat margarine with sugar. Add eggs one by one and beat well after each
3. Sift flour with cream of tartar, salt, black pepper, and nutmeg. Add to
egg mixture and beat well. Add lemon juice and vanilla.
4. Pour into pan and bake for 35 mins, until a toothpick comes out dry.
5. Cool cake in pan. Remove from pan, and leave for one day, before
Serving suggestion: Serve with ice cream.
Posted to JEWISH-FOOD digest by "Raya Tarab"
Sep 11, 1998, converted by MM_Buster v2.0l.