Chicken with Potato-Pepper Hash|
Boneless Chicken with Potato-Pepper Hash
5 sm Red potatoes; (about 1
1 md Red pepper
1 md Green pepper
2 md Green onions
1 tb All-purpose flour
1 ts Chili powder
4 md Skinless bonelesschicken
-breast halves, 1 1/4 lb
Parsley sprigs; for garnish
1. Cut unpeeled potatoes into 1/2-inch pieces. Dice red and green peppers.
Cut green onions into 1/2-inch slices.
2. In 2-quart saucepan over high heat, heat the potatoes and enough water
to cover to boiling. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 5 to 10 minutes
until the potatoes are almost tender; drain.
3. Meanwhile, prepare potato-pepper hash: In nonstick 12-inch skillet over
medium-high heat, in 2 teaspoons hot salad oil, cook diced red and green
peppers until lightly browned, stirring frequently. Stir in cut-up
potatoes, green onions, and 3/4 teaspoon salt. Continue cooking until
potatoes are golden brown and tender, stirring mixture frequently; remove
potato-pepper hash to warm platter; keep warm. Wash and dry skillet.
4. On waxed paper, mix flour, chili powder, and 3/4 teaspoon salt. Coat
chicken breasts with flour mixture.
5. In the same skillet over medium-high heat, in 1 tablespoon hot salad
oil, cook the chicken breasts 6 to 8 minutes, until they are lightly
browned on both sides and juices run clear when pierced with a knife,
turning chicken pieces occasionally. Arrange the chicken on platter with
the potato hash. Garnish with parsley sprigs.
Serves 4. Total time: 45 minutes Each serving: About 335 calories, 10 g
fat, 91 mg cholesterol, 895 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 27%. ? 1996 by
The Hearst Corporation; all rights reserved Good Housekeeping Magazne
MC formatting by email@example.com
Recipe by: Good Housekeeping Magazne
Posted to MC-Recipe Digest V1 #783 by Roberta Banghart
on Sep 16, 1997