Porkballs and Cauliflower|
Braised Porkballs and Cauliflower
1 lb Porkballs
1 md Cauliflower
1 sl Fresh ginger root
1 1/2 tb Oil
1/2 ts Salt
1 1/2 tb Soi
1 c Stock
2 tb Cornstarch
2 tb Soy sauce
1 ts Sugar
1/4 c Water
1. Prepare uncooked porkballs as in steps 1 and 2 of Basic Deep-fried
Porkballs (see recipe).
2. Break cauliflower into small flowerets. Shred ginger root.
3. Heat oil in a heavy pan. Add salt and ginger, then porkballs. Brown
lightly; then remove from pan.
4. Heat remaining oil. Add cauliflower and stir-fry to coat with hot oil
(about 2 minutes). Return porkballs.
5. Add stock. Bring to a boil; then simmer, covered, until pork is
cooked through and cauliflower is tender, but still crunchy (about 8
6. Blend cornstarch, soy sauce, sugar and cold water to a paste, then
stir in to thicken sauce.
NOTE: Uncooked porkballs may be prepared a day or two in advance,
provided they are parboiled for several minutes, then drained, cooled and
refrigerated until needed.
VARIATION: For the cauliflower, substitute either 1 pound string beans,
stemmed and cut in thirds; or broccoli, broken in flowerets, and the stems
cut diagonally in 1/4-inch slices.
ISBN 0-517-65870-4. Downloaded
from Glen's MM Recipe Archive, http://www.erols.com/hosey.