Leaf of Beef Ragout W/crisped Root Vegetables Pt 2|
Cabbage Leaf of Beef Ragout W/crisped Root Vegetables Pt 2
See part 1
4. Peeled and cut the potatoes. Steamed the vegetables. Rinsed them in cold
water and set out to drain and blot dry on paper towels.
5. Made the meat-mushroom filling and stuffed the cabbage. Set aside.
6. Skimmed the stock. Added broth that drained from the sieve; put sauce on
medium heat and reduced it.
7. Put step 5 in oven. Thickened sauce of step 6.
8. Crisp fried the steamed vegetables (step4).
9. Plated it.
Make extra. Reheats well. Leftovers make a easy soup by crisping the
vegetables and adding the stuffed cabbage and thinning the sauce. Haunting
flavor and aroma. Showy. Looks like you fussed and you did! I changed the
proportions in favor of the vegetables. The original called 1 oxtail and
some blackroot; things I cannot buy locally. SOURCE: "Oxtail Ragout on
Fried Roots" in Conscious Cooking by Victor Waldenstrom (Sweden)
>firstname.lastname@example.org Estimated PER SERVING: 352CAL, 7.5G fat (18.5%
Recipe by: Hanneman (98-Jan) and a Waldenstrom recipe
Posted to MC-Recipe Digest V1 #1014 by KitPATh
Jan 15, 1998