with Sun-Dried Tomatoes|
Calzone with Sun-Dried Tomatoes
Deep-Dish Pizza Dough
1 tb Oil from sun-dried tomatoes
1 md Onion, finely chopped
1 Clove garlic, minced
1 c (8 oz) ricotta cheese
1/4 c Chopped sun-dried tomatoes
2 tb Chopped fresh parsley
1/4 lb Sliced prosciutto or dry
Salami, cut into strips
2 c (1/2 lb) shredded whole-
Milk mozzarella cheese
Cornmeal (for baking sheet)
1. Prepare Deep-Dish Pizza Dough and let it rise.
2. While dough rises, prepare filling. In a medium frying pan heat tomato
oil over moderate heat; add onion and cook, stirring often, until soft but
not browned. Mix in garlic, then remove from heat.
3. In a medium bowl mix ricotta cheese with dried tomatoes and parsley;
stir in cooked onion mixture.
4. Divide dough into two equal portions. Roll each half out on a floured
suface to a 12-inch circle. Spread half of the ricotta filling over half of
each circle of dough, leaving about a 1/2-inch margin.
5. Sprinkle half of each circle with half of the prosciutto strips and 1
cup of the mozarella cheese. Fold circles in halves over filling,
moistening and pinching edges together (or pressing with tines of a fork)
6. Preheat oven to 450~ F. Sprinkle a large, greased baking sheet lightly
with cornmeal. Place calzone well apart on prepared baking sheet. Let rise
until puffy (12 to 15 minutes). Brush tops lightly with olive oil, then
From Gemini's MASSIVE MealMaster collection at www.synapse.com/~gemini