Caramel Corn #3
6 qt Popped corn (no salt or
1 c Butter or margarine
2 c Packed brown sugar
1/2 c Light corn syrup
1/2 ts Salt
1/2 ts Baking soda
1 ts Vanilla
From: firstname.lastname@example.org (Julia Berendes)
Date: 14 Jan 1994 18:39:49 GMT
Yesterday I saw a post requesting a recipe for caramel corn. I found this
one in the Better Homes and Garden's American Best Loved Community Recipes
22 cups (22 servings).
1. Preheat oven to 250 deg; Put the popcorn in a 17x12x2-inch roasting pan
or large foil pan; set aside
2. Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add brown sugar,
corn syrup, and salt. Stir untilthe mixture starts to boil. (the syrup
should boil over its entire surface) Boil for 5 min. w/o stirring.
3. Remove from heat. Stir in baking soda and vanilla, then pour the caramel
mixture over the popped corn, stirring to coat.
4. Bake, uncovered, for 1 hour, stirring every 15 min.
5. Remove the caramel corn from oven and spread out on a large piece of
foil to cool. Break into clusters. Store in air tight containers
From rec.food.cooking archives. Downloaded from Glen's MM Recipe Archive,