Vichyssoise with Orange Nectar|
Carrot Vichyssoise with Orange Nectar
6 Shallots; chopped
3 Carrots; sliced
3 Very large leeks ( white
-part only), sliced
2 md Potatoes; diced
1 Celery rib; diced
2 tb Butter
2 c Fresh cream
1 tb Orange rind; grated
3 tb Orange juice
1 tb Grated ginger root
Salt and pepper; to taste
6 c Chicken stock
1.Melt the butter in a stockpot.
2. Add leeks and cook until soft.
3. Add shallots and celery and cook 1 minute
4. Add carrots and cook 2 minutes
5. Add potatoes and cook 3 minutes
6. Pour in broth, salt and pepper and simmer 30 to 40 minutes partially
covered until vegetables are tender.
7. Put everything in a blender ( do it in 2 parts) and run the machine
until soup becomes smooth
8. Let cool and chill at least 6 hours.
9. Stir in cream, rind, orange juice and ginger
10 serve decorated with a slice of orange peel.
Recipe by: Miriam Podcameni Posvolsky
Posted to MC-Recipe Digest V1 #879 by Leon & Miriam Posvolsky
on Nov 02, 1997