Chef Salad Sandwich
4 sl Fresh dark rye bread
2 ts Butter
Iceberg or leaf lettuce
1/2 c Special dressing; (recipe
1 pk (3 oz.) water-sliced cooked
1 pk (3 oz.) water-sliced smoked
4 oz Sliced Swiss cheese
2 Hard cooked eggs
8 Black olives; pitted
8 Red cherry tomatoes
4 Sweet gherkins
6 sl Bacon; crispy cooked
4 sl Dark rye bread; toasted
1. Butter the untoasted bread. Place it on each of four serving plates.
2. Top each slice with lettuce.
3. Spread 2 tablespoons of dressing over lettuce.
4. Divide the ham and turkey into four portions each. Arrange on top of
each serving. Top with cheese, cut into julienne sticks.
5. Arrange on each sandwich 2 quarters of hard cooked eggs, 2 black olives,
2 red cherry tomtoes, halved, and 1 sweet gherkin, halved.
6. Top with bacon. Add more dressing or pass dressing in a small bowl.
7. Surround with toasted rye bread, cut into quarters. 4 servings.
busted by sooz
Recipe by: Key Gourmet
Posted to recipelu-digest by James and Susan Kirkland
Mar 10, 1998