Chicken Breasts Diane
4 lg Boneless chicken breast
1/2 ts Salt
1/4 -(up to)
1/2 ts Black pepper
2 tb Olive or salad oil
2 tb Butter or margarine
3 tb Chopped fresh chives or
1/2 Lime or lemon; juice of
2 tb Brandy or cognac; optional
3 tb Chopped parsley
2 ts Dijon style mustard
1/4 c Chicken broth
1. Place chicken breasts halves between sheets of waxed paper or plastic
wrap. Pound slightly with mallet. Sprinkle with salt and black pepper.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon each of oil and butter in a large skillet.
3. Cook chicken over high heat for 2 minutes on each side. Do not cook
longer or they will be overcooked and dry. Transfer to warm serving
4. Add chives, lime juice, brandy, parsley and mustard to pan. Cook 15
seconds, whisking constantly.
5. Whisk in broth. Stir until sauce is smooth. Whisk in remaining butter
6. Pour sauce over chicken. Serve immediately.
FROM "GREAT AMERICAN RECIPES"
From a collection of my mother's (Judy Hosey) recipe box which contained
lots of her favorite recipes, clippings, etc. Downloaded from Glen's MM
Recipe Archive, http://www.erols.com/hosey.