Steak with Asparagus and Potato|
Chili-Broiled Steak with Asparagus and Potato
1 1/2 lb Top round steak -- about 1
Trimmed of fat
3 tb Lime juice -- fresh
4 ts Vegetable oil
1 tb Chili powder
1 ts Lime peel -- grated
2 Cloves garlic -- crushed
1 sm Onion -- slices, about 3/4
1 tb Ginger -- peeled,
1 1/2 lb Red potatoes -- cut in 1/2"
About 5 cups
1 c Chicken broth
2 lb Asparagus spears -- trimmed
Into 2 in diagonal
Pieces, 5 cups
1/4 c Chopped parsley
1/4 ts Salt
1/4 ts Ground pepper
1. Place steak in glass baking dish. In a small bowl using fork, beat
lime juice, 2 teaspoons oil, chili powder, lime peel, and garlic to blend
well; pour over steak. Let stand15 minutes, turning over once or twice.
2. Heat broiler, first positioning rack 6 minches from heat source.
3. In 12-in nonstick skillet over medium heat, heat remaining 2 teaspoons
oil; add onion and giner; cook 3 mins., stirring occasionally until onion
is softened. Add potatoes andchicken broth; bring to loil. Reduce heat to
low; simmer, covered, about 8 mins. until vegetables are tender.
4. While vegetables cook, remove steak from marinade; discard marinade.
Place steak on rack in broiler pan; broil 6-7 mins. on each side to
medium-rare, or to desired doneness.
5. Transfer steak to cutting board; let stand several mins. to allow for
easier carving. Meanwhile, drain potatoes and asparagus; toss gently with
parsley, salt, and pepper. Cutsteak into diagonal slices; arrange on
serving platter. Serve with vegetables.
Recipe By : Redbook - June 1994
From Gemini's MASSIVE MealMaster collection at www.synapse.com/~gemini