Bread Pudding with Cinnamon Creme A|
Chocolate Bread Pudding with Cinnamon Creme A
8 oz Bittersweet chocolate or
-4 1-oz squares semisweet
-chocolate and 4 1-oz
3 c Half-and-half
1 c Sugar
2 lg Eggs
4 3/4 c Fresh bread crumbs (12 oz)
Cinnamon Creme Anglaise
1. Grease six 3 3/4-inch individual fluted tube pans or 8-oz timbale molds.
In top of double boiler, over simmering water, melt chocolate. In 2-quart
saucepan, heat half-and-half and 1/2 C sugar to boiling.
2. In large bowl, with electric mixer, beat eggs and remaining 1/2 C sugar
until thick and lemon-colored. Slowly beat in half-and-half mixture. Stir
in bread crumbs and melted chocolatejust until combined to form pudding
3. Heat oven to 400'F. Fill greased pans with batter. Bake puddings 30 to
40 minutes or until centers spring back when gently pressed with fm-
gertip. Prepare Cinnamon Creme Anglaise.
4. Cool puddings in pans on wire rack 10 minutes; unmold.
5. To serve, pour some Cinnamon Creme Angialse onto each of 6 dessert
plates. Place Chocolate Bread Pudding on Creme Anglaise.
Cinnamon Creme Anglaise: In 2-quart saucepan, heat 2 C half-and-half to
boiling. In large bowl, with wire whisk, beat 4 large egg yolks and 6
tablespoons sugar. Slowly beat half-and half into yolk mixture; add 1
vanilla bean, split, 1 cinnamon stick, and 1/2 t ground cinnamon. Pour all
back into saucepan and cook, stirring constantly, over low heat until Creme
Anglaise coats a spoon. (Do not boil.) Strain Creme Angialse into bowl and
refrigerate until ready to serve.
Country Living Holidays/92 Scanned & fixed by Di Pahl &
From Gemini's MASSIVE MealMaster collection at www.synapse.com/~gemini