1/2 pk (8 1/2-oz) chocolate wafers
1 tb Butter, softened
4 8-oz packages cream cheese,
1/2 c Sugar
2 tb Cornstarch
4 lg Eggs
1 tb Vanilla
3 1-oz squares semisweet
-chocolate, melted & cooled
1 8-oz container sour cream
1. Heat oven to 300'F. Crush chocolate wafers in food processor or in
plastic bag with rolling pin. Add butter and process or knead into crumbs.
Pat into bottom of an oiled 9-inch spring-form pan. Bake 10 minutes.
2. In the large bowl of an electric mixer, beat cream cheese until fluffy.
Stir together sugar and cornstarch. Beat into cream cheese mixture.
3. Add eggs to mixture one at a time, beating after each addition. Fold in
vanilla, chocolate, and sour cream until uniformly combined.
4. Turn cheesecake mixture into hot, crumb-lined pan. Carefully return to
oven. Bake until center of cake seems to be almost set when the pan is
gently tapped-about 1 hour. Turn off oven and allow cake to sit in oven 1
5. Remove pan from oven; cool to room temperature. Cover without touching
surface of cake. Place in refrigerator overnight.
6. To serve, loosen cake from side of pan with a spatula. Remove side of
pan. Place cake on serving platter. Decorate with whipped cream, if de-
Country Living Holidays/92 Scanned & fixed by Di Pahl &
From Gemini's MASSIVE MealMaster collection at www.synapse.com/~gemini