200 g Chocolate wafers finely
75 g Butter -- melted
700 g Cream cheese -- at room
200 g Granulated sugar
175 g Semisweet chocolate --
Melted and cooled
20 g White flour
3 lg Eggs
30 ml Heavy cream
10 ml Vanilla
250 ml Sour cream
10 ml Vanilla
20 g Granulated sugar
1. Preheat oven to 200 ?C . Mix chocolate wafer crumbs and butter. Press
firmly onto bottom and 5 cm up the sides of an ungreased, 25-cm springform
2. Bake the crust for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and place on rack to
cool. Reduce oven temperature to 150 ?C .
3. Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese in a large bowl until it
4. Add sugar, chocolate, and flour. Beat again, until the mixture is well
blended and fluffy.
5. Add eggs, one at a time, beating again after each egg is added.
6. Beat in the cream and vanilla.
7. Pour mixture into the cooled crust. Place on middle rack in oven and
bake for 60 to 65 minutes, until filling is set. Remove from oven and cool
8. Blend sour cream, vanilla, and sugar together until well mixed. Spread
over top of cooled cheesecake. Chill several hours or overnight
Author's Notes: You may have seen this on the cover of a recent magazine
when you were standing in the grocery line. It makes a very rich, truly
decadent chocolate cheesecake. A chocolate wafer is a crisp chocolate
cookie about three inches in diameter and an eigth of an inch thick. If you
can't find them, you can substitute any kind of dry crunchy
chocolate-flavored cookie. You can make the crust and filling in a food
processor if you have one. It makes it a lot easier.
Difficulty : moderate. Precision
: measure carefully.
Recipe By : Jonathan Hue LMSC-Mechanisms & Servo Systems, Sunnyvale, CA
From Gemini's MASSIVE MealMaster collection at www.synapse.com/~gemini