2 c Breadcrumbs
1 ts Salt
1/2 ts Pepper
1 tb Parsley
1 ts Sage
1 ts Thyme
2 tb Butter
Leg of Mutton
1. Parboil the onion and chop finely. Chop the parsley. Beat the egg.
2. Melt the butter and mix all the ingredients with it adding the beaten
egg finally to bind the mixture together.
3. Remove the bone from the leg of mutton and stuff the mixture in the
4. Put the joint into a roasting dish with drippings and a little flour.
5. First cook for 10 minutes at 400 degrees then reduce the heat and allow
to cook more slowly. Add twenty minutes of cooking time for every pound of
meat. Serves 4
SOURCE: *Kiwi Cookbook, by Alan Armstrong, Seven Seas Publishing Pty Ltd,
PO Box 1431, Wellington, New Zealand, (C. 1968) ISBN 85467 016 5 SHARED BY:
Jim Bodle 5/93
From Gemini's MASSIVE MealMaster collection at www.synapse.com/~gemini