1/2 c Yellow corn meal
1 c Sifted all-purpose flour
1 ts Salt
1/4 ts Baking powder
1 c Milk
1 lg Egg
Vegetable oil for frying
1. Pat frankfurters dry and set aside. In a bowl whisk together the
cornmeal, flour, salt, and baking powder.
2. In a small bowl whisk together the milk and egg until combined.
3. Add the milk mixture into the dry ingredients, whisking until smooth.
4. In a deep pot heat 3 to 4 inches of oil to 375 degrees F.
5. Dip a frankfurter in the batter and coat completely. Fry until browned
about 2 to 3 minutes. Two to three frankfurters can be fried at a time.
6. Transfer to paper towels to drain. Allow oil to return to appropriate
temperature and fry remaining frankfurters in same manner.
Recipe by: Cooking Live Show #CL8920
Posted to recipelu-digest Volume 01 Number 665 by RecipeLu
on Feb 01, 1998