Soup with Shrimp|
Corn Soup with Shrimp
10 Ears young; tender corn, cut
-from the cob, up to 12
1 cn Rotel? tomatoes; finely
1/4 c All-purpose flour
1/4 c Cooking oil
1/4 ts Black pepper
3 1/4 qt Water
1 lg Onion; chopped
1 lg Bell pepper; chopped
1 Clove garlic; chopped
8 oz Tomato sauce
1 lb Small shrimp; peeled and
-deveined, up to 2
2 1/2 ts Salt
1/2 ts Cayenne pepper; optional
1. Make a golden brown roux with oil and flour, not too dark.
2. Add onions and bell pepper and cook until tender.
3. Stir in corn, tomatoes and seasonings; cook 5 minutes, stirring often to
4. Add water and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer approximately 45
minutes. Soup will become somewhat thickened.
5. Add shrimp and cook until they are pink. Simmer another 20 minutes.
Notes: Can be served immediately, but it is best when refrigerated at least
2 hours to allow flavors to blend. Serve as an entree or a main dish.
Formatted and Busted by RecipeLu
Posted to recipelu-digest by RecipeLu
on Mar 21,