Costal Shrimp Coquilles
3 tb Butter
1 sm Onion, chopped
1 c Long grain rice rinsed
1 1/2 c Light chicken stock hot
3/4 c Grated gruyere cheese
1 1/2 lb Small shrimp peeled and
1 1/2 c Paprika sauce
3 tb Coarse breadcrumbs
Salt and pepper to taste
1) Preheat oven to 350 F
2) Heat 1 tb butter in casserole. Add the onion and cook 2 min over medium
3) Stir in the rice and cook over high heat for 2 minutes.
4) Pour in chicken stock, mix well and season. Cover and cook 18 minutes in
5) 4 minutes before end of cooking time, mix in cheese and continue
6) Remove cooked rice from the ove, fluff with fork and set aside.
7) Heat remaining butter in frying pan. Cook shrimp for 3 minutes over
medium-high heat, stirring once aand seasoning.
8) Spoon layer of rice in bottom of scallop shells. Add shrimp and cover
with paprika sauce.
9) Top with breadcrumbs and broil in oven for several minutes. Paprika
Sauce: 4 Tb butter 2 md onions thinly sliced 2 tb paprika 4 tb flour 1 lg
apple pelled cored and chopped 3 c light chicken stock, hot 3 tb hot light
Heat butter in sauce pan. add onions and cook 4 minutes over low heat.
stir in paprika and flour; mix well and cook 1 minute over low heat.
Add apple and chicken stock; mix well and season. cook sauce 8-10 minutes
over medium heat.
Remove sauce from heat and pour into food processor; blend until smooth.
Incorpate hot cream and serve.
From Gemini's MASSIVE MealMaster collection at www.synapse.com/~gemini