Pizza with Artichokes and Goat Cheese|
Country Pizza with Artichokes and Goat Cheese
2 c Flour; flour
3/4 ts Salt
1 pk Quick rise yeast cornmeal
1 sm Eggplant; ( 3/4 pound)
6 oz Marinated artichoke hearts
3 sm Tomatoes; cut into thin
1/4 c Fresh basil leaves; loosely
6 oz Goat cheese; in pieces
1/4 ts Cracked black pepper
1. In large bowl, stir flour, salt, and yeast.
2. Stir in 3/4 cup very warm water (120~ to 1300F.) until blended and dough
comes away from side of bowl. Knead dough 5 minutes.
3. Sprinkle large cookie sheet with cornmeal.
4. Shape dough into 2 balls; place in diagonally opposite corners of cookie
sheet, each about 3 inches from edges of sheet.
5. Cover and let rest 15 minutes. Preheat broiler.
6. Cut eggplant lengthwise in half. Cut each half crosswise into 1/2
7. Drain artichokes, reserving marinade. Cut each artichoke in half.
8. In a jelly roll pan toss eggplant slices with 2 tablespoons artchoke
9. Arrange eggplant in single layer and broil until tender and brown,
turning slices once, 7 to 10 minutes. Remove.
10. Turn oven control to 4250F.
11. In large bowl, toss eggplant, artichokes, tomatoes, and half of basil
with remaining marinade.
12. Pat and stretch I ball of dough into a 10-inch round. Arrange half of
eggplant mixture and half of cheese on crust leaving 1-inch border.
13. Bring edge of dough up; pinch to make a rim. Repeat to make a second
14. Cover pizza and let rise 15 minutes. Bake pizzas on bottom rack in oven
25 to 30 minutes until topping is hot and crust is browned and crisp.
15. Sprinkle with cracked pepper and remaining basil.
Posted to recipelu-digest by RecipeLu
on Mar 13,