Vegetable Pie (Mccartney)|
Creamy Vegetable Pie (Mccartney)
1 1/3 c Corn kernels
3/4 lb Broccoli
3/4 lb Zucchini
3/4 lb Carrots
1/4 lb French beans
3 sm Leeks
1 1/4 c Bechamel sauce
Fresh summer herbs; a bunch
-such as tarragon; thyme,
8 oz Puff pastry
1. Steam all the vegetables separately until they are tender or slightly
2. Leave to cool, reserving cooking liquids, then chop if necessary into
3. Thin out the bechamel with about 1/4 pint / 150ml of the reserved
4. Stir in the vegetables and herbs and pour into a large ovenproof dish.
5. Roll out the pastry to a round or other shape that is 1 inch (2.5cm)
larger than the diameter of the dish. With the trimmings make a long thin
strip of pastry. Moisten the rim of the dish and place this strip on it.
Moisten the strip, then place the pastry lid on top and press down with a
fork to seal the edge.
6. Bake at 200C/ 400F/ Gas Mark 6 for 30-40 minutes or until the pastry is
risen and golden.
Notes: Serves 4-6 The joy of this pie is that you can make it across the
seasons, choosing your favourite vegetables. Spring, Summer or Winter it
makes a mouthwatering meal.
1998 Hanneman/McBuster (PER SERVING: 531 cals, 31 g fat)
Recipe by: LINDA'S KITCHEN by Linda McCartney (Little, Brown)
Posted to MC-Recipe Digest by KitPATh
on Apr 21,