Curried Turkey Hash
1 lg Onion; finely chopped
2 tb Butter; or oil
2 ts Ground cumin
1 ts Turmeric
1 ts Fenugreek
1/2 ts Ginger
1/2 ts Ground coriander
3 c Turkey, cooked; fine chopped
3 c Potato, cooked; diced
2 lg Celery stalks; finely diced
1/2 c Light cream
1 c Turkey stock; or chicken
1 ts Salt
Tabasco sauce; to taste
Black pepper; to taste
1. In a small skillet saute the onion in the butter or oil until just
wilted. Add the cumin, turmeric, fenugreek, ginger, and coriander and
saute, stirring, another few minutes.
2. In a large bowl combine the diced turkey, potato, and celery. Scrape the
spiced onion mixture from the pan into the turkey mixture and mix to blend
3. In a small bowl whisk the egg lightly. Stir in the cream, stock, and the
rest of the seasonings. Blend thoroughly. Preheat the oven to 350'F.
4. Generously butter a large shallow casserole or baking dish,
approximatley 9x13 or 10x12. Spoon the turkey mixture into the casserole,
pressing down and smoothing with a spatula into an even layer. Pour the egg
mixture carefully over the turkey.
5. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until set and lightly browned.
Source: "Blue Corn and Chocolate" by Elisabeth Rozin
Posted to MM-Recipes Digest V3 #319
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 1996 11:38:28 +0000
From: Linda Place