Deck the Walnuts
1 ts Ground cinnamon
1 ts Ground cloves
1 ts Aniseed
1 ts Ground ginger
1 ts Cayenne pepper
2 ts Dried thyme
1 ts Salt
4 tb Olive oil
2 lb Shelled walnut halves
Santa's Nuts - Bob Blumer (Surreal Gourmet)
The surreal method of thawing out guests who trekked in from the cold.
1. Preheat the oven to 350?F.
2. In a saute pan over medium heat, heat the oil.
3. Add the spices and stir for 2 minutes to toast.
4. Remove from heat, add the walnuts, and toss until the nuts are
5. Arrange the walnuts in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake for
about 10 to 15 minutes, or until the nuts are a deep gold, turning once.
Posted to CHILE-HEADS DIGEST V3 #189.DON
From: "Scott Ashkenaz"
Date: 16 Dec 1996 23:33:17 -0700