Cake (And Variations)|
Dump Cake (And Variations)
1 cn Crushed pineapple in syrup;
-(20 oz. size)
1 cn Cherry pie filling; (20 oz.
1 Box deluxe yellow cake mix
1 c Pecans;, chopped
1/2 c Margarine; (1 stick)
Preheat oven to 350. Grease 13x9x2-inch pan. Dump undrained pineapple into
pan; spread evenly over pineapple. Dump in the pie filling and spread
evenly over pineapple. Dump dry cake mix onto cherry layer; spread evenly.
Sprinkle pecans over cake mix. Put margarine, cut into thin slices, on top.
Bake for 48-53 minutes. Serve warm or cold. Can be served with ice cream or
Variations: (1) Sprinkle 1 to 1 1/2 cups chopped nuts and/or flaked coconut
on top of cake mixture before adding butter layer.
(2) Substitute apple sauce for the cherry pie filling.
(3) Substitute 2 cans of sliced peaches, drained, for both the cherry and
pineapple. Sprinkle a little ground cinnamon over the peaches before adding
the dry cake mix.
(4) Substitute canned apple pie filling for the crushed pineapple.
(5) Substitute butter pecan cake mix and 2 cans apple pie filling. Sprinkle
1/4 cup brown sugar over filling before sprinkling the cake mix on top.
(6) Substitute 1 can of strawberry pie filling for the cherry pie filling.
Before adding fruit to the baking dish, cover bottom with 1/2 cup melted
butter or margarine. Then add combined fruit, cake mix, 1 cup chopped nuts
and 1 cup flaked coconut. Top with evenly distributed melted butter or
Recipe by: NAWK/Internet
Posted to recipelu-digest Volume 01 Number 559 by Crane Walden
on Jan 19, 1998