Fried Fresh Abalone
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 96 11:37 PST
From: email@example.com (Lisa Beglinger)
You have abalone? Fr-fr-fr-*fresh* abalone. (Lower lip quiver) I had
uncles who used to dive for the stuff back in the old days (1970s), but I
still remember the technique.
1. Take the abalone to the back porch (bring large mallet), crowbar them
out of their shell, and pound the hell out of them.
2. Get electric frypan good and hot while dredging beaten and subdued
abalone in milk, egg and flour.
3. Flash fry. I mean they cook *fast*! You don't want an overdone, rubber
4. Eat, and remember for a lifetime. My uncles also brought sea urchins up
from the bottom for unusual souveniers. I believe they let the cats have
the innards -- these days they'd be doing business with the best sushi
Oh, I almost forgot:
5. Pass around a gallon jug of the finest wine.
MASTERCOOK RECIPES LIST SERVER
From the MasterCook recipe list. Downloaded from Glen's MM Recipe Archive,