Shrimp Po' Boys|
Fried Shrimp Po' Boys
Cooking oil for frying
1 c Flour
1/8 ts Ground red pepper
1 Egg; slightly beaten
1 lb Shrimp; peeled and deveined
2 sm French baguettes
1/4 c Mayonnaise
1 c Lettuce; shredded
6 Tomato slices
Hot pepper sauce
1. Heat 1/4 inch oil in a large skillet.
2. Combine flour, red pepper, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a shallow dish.
3. Toss shrimp in beaten egg, then in seasoned flour coating shrimp
4. Fry shrimp, half at a time in hot oil for about 2 minutes or until
5. Remove shrimp and drain on a plate lined with paper towel.
6. Split baguettes in half, spread each slice with some of the mayonnaise.
7. Top bottom bread half with fried shrimp, lettuce, tomato and hot pepper
sauce. Cut into 1 inch thick slices.
Notes: This will allow for 3 slices per person which is a generous
Posted to recipelu-digest Volume 01 Number 317 by RecipeLu
on Nov 27, 1997